mercoledì 5 giugno 2013

Petite aubergines with chicken&ginger balls

I fell in love. Few days ago. True story! No idea aubergines came also in their petite 2.0 version for singles. For singles not because one makes a portion, but rather because only singles may have evenings to waist digging holes into petite aubergines (I made kind of 20 of them). 


So we are in the supermarket to buy milk and cucumbers (as we consume milk and cucumbers as if tomorrow never comes) and 20 petite aubergines are calling us from the shelf, so we decide to give them a shelter. From that very moment, at least 20% of my CPU has been running on a continuous basis only to give my aubergines the death they deserve. 
We are definitely in our stuffing period @Arlozorov73 (see below), so stuffed aubergines, but with what? I thought about something very light and easy: aubergines cubes, tomatoes and the very mint that grows between the life science and the biotechnology buildings (chance of severe food poisoning: very high, but in Silviot's mansion mint plants generally die before we even agree on their name)

PETITE AUBERGINES WITH CHICKEN&GINGER BALLS AND TZATZIKI

Dig the petite aubergines not thinking about the fact that you are spending the evening digging into petite aubergines. Make small cubes with the inside and place in salty water for ~30 mins. Place the outside upside down with some salt inside. Mix the cubes with tomato concentrate, breadcrumbs, fresh mint, chopped garlic, lemon zest, little oil. I added also some shredded hard cheese that was left in the fridge, and was about to add chopped cashew nuts but S1 is not a fan. Fill the aubergines with the stuffing and a lot of love.  Bake in the oven until shiny and tender.
In the meantime, I blended one chicken breast and mixed with bread (wet in milk for few minutes and then well squeezed), ginger, salt, hot pepper and one egg. Made small balls and rolled them in breadcrumbs, then placed in a baking tray with little stock and baked until golden, checking from time to time there is some liquid. 
Lastly I made tzatziki by grating one cucumber and squeezing it to release the water. I added greek yogurt, garlic, salt, lemon juice and pepper. 


If I am the aubergine queen, I share my flat with lady courgette :) so the previous night she made a dinner that deserved my nikon: round courgettes stuffed with smoked salmon and curry. Yummy and superlight. Ask her for details!


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento